Talks and Workshops
The 5 D's of Communication
Talk & Workshop - 2hours
On-site and remote teams alike rely heavily on all members being able to communicate effectively; both in-person and specially online.
During the course of this talk/workshop combo I'll provide your team with the necessary tools to communicate efficiently and teach them to avoid common (as well as not so common) pitfalls of one-to-one, one-to-many, and many-to-many conversations.
- 5-10 person team ➡ USD 600
- 11-20 person team (+1hour) ➡ USD 1100
What the F* is "Full Stack"?!
Talk - 30min to 1hour
It has become all too common to read job posts looking for "Full Stack" developers.
- What does "Full Stack" even mean?
- Where did the term come from?
- Are "Full Stack" devs real or are they unicorns?
These and more questions are answered in a easily digestible talk I've put together for developers of all skill levels.
- USD 120
React.js from Scratch (for Beginners)
Workshop - Eight 2hour sessions
In this workshop I teach web developers with little-to-no experience with React.js not only the basic concepts, but also how to actually build a useful and scalable React.js application.
- What is React.js?
- Comparison between a "vanilla" HTML/JS app vs. a React.js app
- React.js app folder structure
- Common React.js development pitfalls
- Intro to Webpack, Redux, and Next.js
- How to use Redux properly
- Project: Build a useful, scalable app using React.js, Redux, and Next.js
- Knowledge of ES6
- Experience with Node.js and NPM packages
- USD 30 per session per student